What makes my BlackBerry 10 device different from other BlackBerry devices?
How do I get back to the home screen?
- In many apps, you can tap Back to return to the previous screen.
- To minimize an app and return to the home screen, swipe up from the bottom
of the screen.
How do I get to the menu?
There is no Menu key on BlackBerry 10 devices. You can open menus by tapping the icons at the bottom of the screen, and by touching and holding items on the screen.
How do I change my settings and options?
- You can change the settings in an app by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping .
- In many apps, you can also tap to see other options.
- To change your BlackBerry device settings and connect to mobile and Wi-Fi networks, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of
the screen and tap
Where are my messages?
To get to the BlackBerry Hub, on the home screen, slide your finger right.
You can also peek at the BlackBerry Hub or open it from anywhere on your device using a simple gesture:
Where are my ring tones and notification profiles?
- BlackBerry 10 OS includes the following built-in notification modes: Normal, Phone Calls Only, Vibrate Only, Silent, and All Alerts Off.
- You can quickly turn on Silent mode by swiping down from the top of the home screen and tapping .
- You can set custom ring tones for contacts in the Contacts app.
- To set notifications for particular types of messages, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings > Notifications.
Where are my apps?
Some of the apps that you used on your old BlackBerry device might not be available on your BlackBerry 10 device. In the BlackBerry World storefront, you can check if your old apps are available for download on the My World screen or find new apps.
Where are my tasks, memos, and voice notes?
- If you used BlackBerry Link to transfer the files from your old BlackBerry device to your new device, your tasks, memos, and voice notes should be in the new BlackBerry Remember app.
- If you previously used tasks in BBM Groups, you still have access to those tasks in BBM.
Where do I find my files?
You can find your files in the File Manager app. If you added a work account to your BlackBerry device and your administrator turned on BlackBerry Balance technology, your device data, apps, and network access are divided into a work space and a personal space. The separate spaces help you to avoid accidentally copying work data into a personal app, or displaying confidential work data during a BBM Video chat. To switch between your work space and personal space, drag your finger down on the middle of the home screen and tap Personal or Work.
Where can I find my device info and passwords?
- Where can I find my PIN?
- In BBM, tap your profile picture. On your profile page, your PIN appears below your barcode. In an email or text message, you can also type mypin to display your PIN.
- How do I find my own phone number?
- On the home screen, tap the icon. In the Calls or Contact view, in the center of the screen , swipe down and your phone number will appear at the top of the screen. In an email or text message, you can also type mynumber to display your phone number.
- Where is Password Keeper?
The Password Keeper app is available for download in the BlackBerry World storefront. If you used BlackBerry Link or a media card to transfer your data from a BlackBerry device running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later, you can restore your Password Keeper passwords from your old device after you download and open the Password Keeper app.
- Where can I find details about my device OS and hardware?
On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > About. To change the type of information displayed, tap an option in the drop-down list.
How do I search?
If you are looking for something on your BlackBerry device or the Internet, at the bottom of the home screen, tap .
What is BlackBerry Link?
BlackBerry Link is the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software and can be used with your BlackBerry 10 device. You can use BlackBerry Desktop Software with devices that are running BlackBerry 7.1 and earlier.
BlackBerry Link is software that you can install on your computer to link data, media files, and applications on your BlackBerry device to your desktop computer.
To download BlackBerry Link, on your computer, visit www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryLink and select the Windows or Mac option.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.