Search This Document
My contacts and groups are missing
If your contacts are appearing but you're missing some of your groups, you can ask someone from the group to add you again.
If your contacts and groups aren't appearing in BBM, try the following:
- Verify that your BlackBerry smartphone is connected to a wireless network.
- If you have previously associated BBM with your BlackBerry ID, in your smartphone options, verify that you're using the same BlackBerry ID.
- If you switched from a smartphone running BBM 6.2 or earlier and you still have access to that
smartphone, do the following:
- On your old smartphone, update to the latest version of BBM and associate it with your BlackBerry ID.
- On your new smartphone, delete your smartphone data, open BBM, and sign in using the same BlackBerry ID to restore your BBM data.
- If you created a backup file for a smartphone running BBM 6.2 or earlier on a computer, connect your smartphone
to your computer using a USB cable and try restoring your smartphone data,
including your BBM contacts and groups, using BlackBerry Desktop Software. Warning: Any pictures, songs, and applications currently on your smartphone will be overwritten by your backup file. If you want to keep these media files, consider using BlackBerry Desktop Software to back up these items first before performing this step.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.