Pair and connect with a Bluetooth enabled device
Before you can connect your BlackBerry device with another Bluetooth enabled device, you must pair them.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Make sure that Bluetooth technology is on.
Your BlackBerry device automatically detects any discoverable devices
- If the device that you want to connect to appears in the Devices list, tap the device name. Complete the instructions that appear on the screen.
- If the device doesn't appear in the Devices list, it might not be discoverable. Check that the device is discoverable then try again. If you don't know how to check that the device is discoverable, consult the documentation that came with the device.
- If the device doesn't appear in the Devices list and you can't connect by making it discoverable, you might need to initiate pairing from the device. On your BlackBerry device, in the Discoverable drop-down list, tap On or 2 Minutes. If necessary, enter your BlackBerry device password. Start the pairing process according to the documentation that came with the device.
Your devices are now ready to share and communicate over the Bluetooth connection. Depending on the device you paired with, your devices are either connected or ready to connect when you initiate a Bluetooth related action such as sharing a file.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.