How can I extend battery life?
Battery life varies depending on how you use your BlackBerry device. To help battery power last longer, try any of the following:
- Use the power-saving options in your device settings. To adjust the screen brightness or change the screen lock timeout, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > Display.
- Turn down the device volume with the volume keys on the right side of your device. To adjust other volume settings, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > System Volume or Notifications.
- Close any apps or features that you are finished using so that they aren't continously running in the background. Some features consume more battery power than others and should be closed or turned off when not in use. For example, the camera, the browser, Voice Control, GPS, and Bluetooth technology.
- If your device is out of a network coverage area, turn off the connection so that your device doesn't continuously search for a network signal. To turn off or change network connections, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > Network Connections.
- Use the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software. If a software update is available for your device, a notification appears in BlackBerry Hub.
- Save data to a media card instead of your device storage.
- Turn off the camera flash.
Tip: Like most electronic devices, your device battery will drain less quickly if you keep it out of the sun and other hot places, keep the contacts clean, and charge it regularly. Avoid leaving your device turned off with a low battery power level for an extended period of time.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.