The BlackBerry Hub
gathers all of the messages and notifications that you receive from your different
accounts into one convenient location. In the BlackBerry Hub, you can
receive and respond to email, text messages, or BBM
chats all in the same place, see and respond to notifications from your social
networking accounts, glance at your upcoming events, and more.
- You can add practically any existing email account to your device—both work
and web-based email.
- Text messages (SMS/MMS)
- If text messaging is a part of your wireless service plan, you can find and
respond to your text messages in the BlackBerry Hub.
- Social networking
- If you add a Facebook account to your device, you can receive and respond to
notifications, update your status, and send Facebook messages all from the BlackBerry Hub. If you add a Twitter account, you can compose tweets, keep on top of your
mentions, and send direct messages. And if you add a LinkedIn account, you can accept invitations to connect with
business contacts, send messages to your connections, and update your LinkedIn status.
- BBM and
- After you add instant messaging apps to your device, you can access your
chats through the BlackBerry Hub.
- Calls and voice mail
- The BlackBerry Hub also shows you the calls that you made and received,
including any missed calls and voice mail messages.
- Upcoming events
- Without leaving the BlackBerry Hub, you can peek at upcoming meetings, events, and—if you add
your Facebook account—friends' birthdays.
- SIM Toolkit
- Your service provider might send you SIM Toolkit notifications that appear
in the BlackBerry Hub. Tapping on these notifications launches the SIM Toolkit