Turning on location services
When you turn on location services, you can use the BlackBerry Protect website to view the approximate location of your device on a map. This feature can help you find your device if it is ever lost.
Your device sends its location information only when you request it through the BlackBerry Protect website or when the battery power level is low; your device doesn't report its location on a regular basis. However, if you don't want your device to send location information to the BlackBerry Protect website, you can turn off location services.
If location services is turned on and you share your BlackBerry Protect account with another person, that person can log in to the BlackBerry Protect website at any time to view the approximate location of your device.
Turn on location services on a device running BlackBerry 10
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Location Services.
- Turn on the Location Services switch.
Turn on location services on a device running BlackBerry 7.1 or earlier
- Open the BlackBerry Protect app.
- Press the key > Options.
- In the Location Reporting section, select the I want this device's location to be viewable from the BlackBerry Protect website checkbox.
- Press the key > Save.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.