Setting up BlackBerry Protect
To use BlackBerry Protect, your BlackBerry device must be connected to a wireless network.
Set up BlackBerry Protect on a device running BlackBerry 10
- On your BlackBerry device, swipe down from the top of the home screen.
- Tap Settings > BlackBerry Protect.
- Turn on the BlackBerry Protect switch.
- For the ability to view the current location of your device on a map, tap Location Settings. Turn on the Location Services switch.
Set up BlackBerry Protect on a device running BlackBerry 7.1 or earlier
The BlackBerry Protect app must be installed on your BlackBerry device. You can download the BlackBerry Protect app from the BlackBerry World storefront.
- On your device, on the home screen, in the Downloads folder, or in the Applications folder, click the icon.
- If required, to accept the terms of the license agreement, click I Agree.
- Click Continue.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.