I don't see my device in BlackBerry Link
Try the following:
- If you're using a USB cable to connect your BlackBerry device to your computer, verify that the USB cable isn't damaged.
- Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to your device.
- If you're using a Wi-Fi network to connect your device to your computer, verify that your Wi-Fi network is turned on, that you have allowed Wi-Fi access in BlackBerry Link, and that your device is connected to a power source.
- On your computer, turn off synchronization applications or antivirus applications temporarily.
If you have a BlackBerry ID, try the following:
- Confirm that you have entered the correct username and password and that you signed in with a valid BlackBerry ID.
- Verify that you are signed in with the same BlackBerry ID on your computer and on your device.
- Sign out of BlackBerry Link and sign in again.
- Verify that you are connected to and are able to browse the Internet.
- If you’re using antivirus software on your computer, check that the firewall is not blocking your connection to BlackBerry Link.
- Reset your BlackBerry ID username and password at www.blackberry.com/bbid.
If your device is not running BlackBerry 10 OS, try the following:
- If you are trying to transfer data from your BlackBerry smartphone to your new device, verify that your smartphone is running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later.
- If you are trying to sync your media files, back up or restore your device data, or update your device software, visit www.blackberry.com/desktop to download and install BlackBerry Desktop Software. (BlackBerry Link doesn't support smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software, or BlackBerry PlayBook tablets running BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0.1 or earlier.) BlackBerry Desktop Software can be installed on the same computer as BlackBerry Link.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.