I can't pair with a Bluetooth enabled device
If you are having trouble pairing with a Bluetooth enabled device, there are a few things that you can check.
- Check that your BlackBerry device is compatible with the Bluetooth enabled device. For more information, see the documentation that came with the Bluetooth enabled device.
- If your Bluetooth enabled device requires a passkey and you don't know what the passkey is, check the documentation that came with your Bluetooth enabled device. Sometimes the passkey is set to 0000 or 1234 until you change it. If you don't know what the passkey is, try 0000 or 1234.
- If your BlackBerry device doesn't detect the Bluetooth enabled device that you want to pair with, try making your BlackBerry device discoverable for a short period of time. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. TapSettings > Network Connections > Bluetooth. In the Discoverable drop-down list, tap On or 2 Minutes. If necessary, enter your BlackBerry device password. Start the pairing process according to the documentation that came with the device.
- If the Bluetooth enabled device uses a battery, connect the device to a power source and then try again. Depending on the device, if the battery power level is too low the device might still operate but be unable to pair.
- If Mobile Hotspot mode is turned on, verify that you're trying to connect to a Bluetooth enabled device that uses the Handsfree, Serial Port, or Personal Area Network profiles.
In order to use Bluetooth technology to share content between your BlackBerry 10 device and another Bluetooth enabled device, you must make sure that Bluetooth technology is turned on for both devices.
- On the home screen of your BlackBerry 10 device, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Network Connections > Bluetooth.
- Set the Bluetooth switch to ON. When Bluetooth technology is turned on, appears in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Turn on Bluetooth technology on the Bluetooth enabled device that you are trying to pair with. For help, consult the documentation that came with the device.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.