I can't send and receive email
If you can't send and receive email, there are a few things that we can check and, hopefull, get you working with email.
To be able to send and recieve email, you need to be connected to either a Wi-Fi network or a to a mobile network. If you think that you are in a wireless coverage area and you are trying to use a Wi-Fi network, let's make sure that you are connected.
- Look for the Wi-Fi indicator in the upper-right hand corner of the home screen. If you don't see the indicator, you will need to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
If you see this indicator, it means that Wi-Fi functionality is turned on. If you can't see this indicator, you need to turn on Wi-Fi functionality.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon to switch it from off to on.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Select and connect to an available network.
This is what the icon will look like when Wi-Fi functionality is turned on. Tap this icon to turn Wi-Fi functionality on or off. Tap the lable text when you want to see a listing of available networks.
If you are unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network, see I can't connect to a Wi-Fi network for help.
If you are using the mobile network rather than a Wi-Fi network, data services for your device must be turned on in order for you to use email successfully.
- Look for the mobile network connection indicator in the upper-right hand corner of the home screen. If you don't see the indicator, you will need to connect to a mobile network.
You should see this indicator if you are connected to a mobile network.
- On the homescreen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap .
- Tap Network Connections.
- Tap Mobile Network.
- Make sure the Mobile Network switch is set to On.
Make sure that this switch is set to On to enable a network profile.
Did this solve your issue?
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.