Adding an email account using advanced setup
If you're trying to add a work account, or a POP or IMAP email account, you might need to use the advanced setup feature.
Before you add an account using advanced setup
When you use advanced setup to add a work account, POP account, or IMAP account to your BlackBerry device, the information that you need to enter differs depending on your organization or your email service provider. Check with your administrator or email service provider to make sure you have all the information you need.
Work accounts supported by the BlackBerry Enterprise Service
If your organization uses the BlackBerry Enterprise Service, make sure you know the following from your administrator:
- Your username
- Your enterprise activation password
- Server name
Work accounts supported by Microsoft ActiveSync
If your organization doesn't use the BlackBerry Enterprise Service but does use Microsoft ActiveSync, make sure you know at least the following information from your administrator:
- Your username and work network password
- Server address
POP or IMAP email accounts
If you're adding a POP or IMAP email account, make sure you know the following information from your email service provider:
- Messaging server type (POP or IMAP)
- Incoming and outgoing messaging server address
- Incoming and outgoing messaging server port numbers
- Incoming and outgoing messaging server SSL settings
- Whether push email is supported
Add an email account using advanced setup
On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the
- Tap Settings > Accounts > > .
- Tap the type of email account that you're adding. For example, tap Work Account for an account that is supported by the BlackBerry Enterprise Service.
- Enter your account information.
- Tap Next.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.