Sharing your mobile network connection using Internet tethering
Internet tethering allows you to share your BlackBerry device's connection to the mobile network with one other device, such as a laptop or tablet, so that you can access the Internet on your other device anywhere that your BlackBerry device can connect to the mobile network.
Additional charges might apply for using Internet tethering. You can't use some services on your BlackBerry device, such as email and BlackBerry Messenger, while you use Internet tethering.
Share your Internet connection using Internet tethering
On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the
- Tap Settings > Network Connections > Internet Tethering.
- If you've never used Internet tethering before, complete the instructions on the screen. Read the setup screens carefully as they provide important information about the Internet tethering feature.
- In the Connect using drop-down list, select USB or Bluetooth.
- Set the Internet Tethering switch to On.
- Connect your BlackBerry device to a laptop or tablet using a USB cable or Bluetooth connection.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.