Troubleshooting: Device Switch
I can't switch my SIM card to my new BlackBerry 10 device
The BlackBerry 10 device uses a micro SIM card. To get a micro SIM card for your new device, contact your service provider.
How do I reset my lost or forgotten BlackBerry ID password?
You can have reset instructions for your BlackBerry ID password sent to the email address that you use as your BlackBerry ID username.
- To reset your password on a computer, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid. Click Reset your password. Complete the instructions on the screen.
- To recover your password on your BlackBerry device, click Forgot Password. Answer your security question and complete the instructions on the screen.
Some of the data from my previous device isn't on my new device
When you switch to a new BlackBerry 10 device, the version of the device software on your previous BlackBerry device determines what data can be transferred to your new device. The transfer of some data might not be supported if you switch from a device running an older version of software.
- Check that your personal email accounts have been set up. Email accounts aren't transferred and need to be set up in the BlackBerry Hub on the device.
- Check that your work email accounts have been set up. For a Microsoft ActiveSync email account on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for the information required to activate the account.
- Look for memos and tasks in the BlackBerry Remember app.
- Transfer apps by downloading them from the BlackBerry World storefront.
I can't transfer items using my media card
Try any of the following:
- Back up items from your media card to another source, such as your BlackBerry device built-in media storage or your desktop computer. Format your media card or purchase a new media card. Save the items that you backed up to the media card and then try transferring the items again.
- Use BlackBerry Link to transfer your info from one device to another. To download BlackBerry Link, on your computer, visit www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryLink and select the Windows or Mac option.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.