Search This Document
Typing on the keyboard
Type an accented character
- On the keyboard, touch and hold the letter that you want to add the accent to.
- When accented characters appear above the letter, slide your finger onto the accented character that you want to type.
- Lift your finger.
Tip: To type an uppercase accented character, tap first. Or, when your finger is on the accented character that you want to type, if you pause before you lift your finger the accented character changes to uppercase.
Type a symbol or number
- On the lower-left side of the keyboard, tap the Symbol key. The appearance of this key varies depending on the language that you're typing in.
- Tap the symbol or number that you want to type.
- If you don't see the symbol you want, touch and hold a related symbol. Slide your finger onto the symbol you want to type or tap to see all the remaining symbols.
Type an uppercase character
- On the keyboard, tap .
- Tap a letter.
Tip: To turn on CAP lock, touch and hold .
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.