Search This Document
How do I free up storage space?
To make room for more files and apps, try any of the following:
- Save documents and media files on your media card. To automatically save camera pictures and videos on your media card, on the home screen, tap . Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap .
- Reduce the size of pictures that you take and videos that you record. On the home screen, tap > . Change the Aspect Ratio. Tap > > . Change the Size option.
- Transfer some of your data to your computer using a USB connection, Wi-Fi connection, or BlackBerry Link . To download BlackBerry Link, on your computer, visit www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryLink and select the Windows or Mac option.
- Delete files that you don't need. To delete multiple items, in an app, tap > . Select items and tap .
- Delete apps that you don't use. To delete an app, on the home screen, touch and hold an app icon until the icons begin to blink. On the icon for the app that you want to delete, tap . If you don't see on the app icon, the app can't be deleted.
Optimize your device's performance
If you find that your BlackBerry device is running unusally slow, try any of the following:
- Close any apps that you aren't using.
- Delete messages that you don't need to keep.
- In your browser privacy settings, clear your history, cookies, and other website data.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.