Search This Document
I can't send or receive email messages on my smartphone
Note: Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.
Try performing the following actions:
- Verify that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to the wireless network. If you are not in a wireless coverage area, your smartphone should send and receive email messages when you return to a wireless coverage area. For more information about wireless network coverage, see the printed documentation that came with your smartphone.
- Send service books to your smartphone. If you have a smartphone with BlackBerry Connect software, you might need to delete old service books from the smartphone before you send new service books. For more information, click the Help icon on the home screen of your smartphone.
- Verify that your email account is set to leave email messages on the messaging server. For more information, view the online help for your email account.
- Verify whether you need to turn on access to the IMAP or POP website for your email account. For more information, contact your email service provider.
- If you created email filters for your BlackBerry email account, verify that these email filters are not preventing the BlackBerry Internet Service from delivering email messages to your smartphone.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.