Share files between your computer and tablet using a USB connection
Watch a video about ways to share files: English
There's no need to leave your favorite pictures, videos, music, and other files behind! By connecting your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to your computer using a USB cable, you can move the files you need between your tablet and computer. To perform this task, you must have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your computer. To install the latest version, visit www.blackberry.com/desktop. If you set a password to help protect your files, you are prompted to enter it before you can move files between your tablet and your computer.
- On your tablet, tap > Storage and Sharing.
- Set the File Sharing switch to On.
- To set a password to help protect your files, tap Password.
- On your tablet, tap > About.
- In the drop-down list, tap Network and make note of the USB IPv4 address for your tablet.
- Connect your tablet to your computer using a USB cable. Your computer automatically maps your tablet to a drive on your computer.
- Drag a file from a location on your computer to a folder on your tablet.
- After you disconnect the USB cable, the drive for your tablet no longer appears on your computer.
- If you want to browse to the Certs folder, on your computer, use the file browser to navigate to your tablet USB IPv4 address. To find your tablet IPv4 address, tap > About > Network.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.