Search This Document
Perform a silent installation using InstallShield
Before you begin: If you are updating from BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.7 to 5.0.1, run the following command to remove all previous components: InstallerUtils\InstallerUtils.exe /UninstallMediaApplications
- Download the BlackBerry Desktop Software .exe file from www.blackberry.com/desktop. Extract the .exe file into a new directory.
- Use the following command: setup.exe /s /l<language_code> /v"/qn <parameter_list>" Don't include a space between the quotation marks
or the character after the forward slash (/). If you're including an installation directory that
contains a space, enclose the path with quotation marks.
- To use the default values, use the following command: setup.exe /s
- If you want to use an installation path that contains a space, use the following command: setup.exe /s /l1033 /v"/qn ALL_USERS=1 SHORTCUT_DESKTOP=1 INSTALLDIR=\"c:\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop""
- If you want to use an installation path that doesn't contain a space, use the following command: setup.exe /s /l1033 /v"/qn ALL_USERS=1 SHORTCUT_DESKTOP=1 INSTALLDIR=\c:\BlackBerryDesktop"
Previous topic: Parameters for the silent installation