Configure your task synchronization options
Before you can synchronize your tasks between your BlackBerry smartphone and your computer, you need to configure your synchronization options.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer.
- Click Configure beside Tasks.
- In the Sync direction drop-down list, do one of the following:
- To keep task entries the same on your smartphone and your computer, click Two way between your device and computer.
- To synchronize updates to the task entries from your computer to your smartphone, click One way to your device only. To replace all entries on your smartphone with the entries on your computer, select the Replace all entries on your device with the entries on your computer checkbox.
- To synchronize updates to the task entries from your smartphone to your computer, click One way to your computer only. To replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your smartphone, select the Replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your device checkbox.
- If you don't want to synchronize tasks that have already passed, select Upcoming tasks only.
- In the Account Settings section, in the Tasks account drop-down list, click the calendar application that you use on your computer.
- Click Configure. Do one of the following:
- If you use Microsoft Outlook, in the Outlook Profile drop-down list, click your profile.
- If you use IBM Lotus Notes, click Browse to select your .ini file. If necessary, type your password. If you don't want to be prompted for a password, clear the Prompt at every sync checkbox.
- Click Close > OK.
To go back to the default options for all of your organizer data, in the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer > Reset settings.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.