Search This Document
Configure your calendar synchronization options
Before you can synchronize your calendar entries between your BlackBerry smartphone and your computer, you need to configure your synchronization options.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer.
- Click Configure beside Calendar.
- In the Sync direction drop-down list, do one of the following:
- To keep calendar entries the same on your smartphone and your computer, click Two way between your device and computer.
- To synchronize updates to the calendar entries from your computer to your smartphone, click One way to your device only. To replace all entries on your smartphone with the entries on your computer, select the Replace all entries on your device with the entries on your computer checkbox.
- To synchronize updates to the calendar entries from your smartphone to your computer, click One way to your computer only. To replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your smartphone, select the Replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your device checkbox.
- If you don't want to synchronize calendar entries that have already passed, select the Only sync future entries checkbox.
- In the Account Settings section, in the Calendar account drop-down list, click the calendar application that you use on your computer.
- Click Configure. Do one of the following:
- If you use the calendar application for Windows Vista or Windows 7, click Browse to select the location of your Calendars file.
- If you use Microsoft Outlook, in the Outlook Profile drop-down list, click your profile.
- If you use IBM Lotus Notes, click Browse to select your .ini file. If necessary, type your password. If you don't want to be prompted for a password, clear the Prompt at every sync checkbox.
- Click Close > OK.
To go back to the default options for all of your organizer data, in the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer > Reset settings.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.