Search This Document
Switch to a new tablet
Before you switch from your current BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to a new tablet, verify that you have the most recent version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer. You might be prompted to upgrade your BlackBerry Tablet OS.
- Connect your current tablet to your computer with a USB cable.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Switch devices.
- Click the icon for your current tablet.
- To transfer your media files to your new tablet, including songs, pictures, and videos, select the Media files checkbox.
- To transfer your tablet settings and applications to your new tablet, select the Applications and settings checkbox.
- Click Next. Your tablet data is backed up.
- At the prompt, connect your new tablet to your computer with a USB cable and click Next.
- Click the icon for your new tablet. Your tablet data is imported to your new tablet.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.