Update your BlackBerry Tablet OS
You might want to update your BlackBerry Tablet OS for one of the following reasons:
- To access new applications and features
- To resolve a technical issue
If an updated version of the BlackBerry Tablet OS is available for you to download, on the home screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software, the new version number is listed and the Update button appears.
It might take up to an hour to update your tablet software. During that time, you cannot disconnect your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet from your computer.
- Connect your tablet to your computer.
- On the home screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Update.
- To download an update, click Get update.
- To view other available versions of the BlackBerry Tablet OS, click View other versions. If applicable, click another version. Click Install.
- If you want to receive an email when an updated version of BlackBerry Tablet OS is available, select the Keep me subscribed to email notifications checkbox.
- Click Install update.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.