Search This Document
Back up smartphone data or tablet data
If you're using a BlackBerry smartphone that includes built-in media storage, mass storage mode must be turned on.
- Connect your smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Back up.
- Do one of the following:
- To back up all your smartphone data or tablet data, click Full (all device data and settings).
- To back up all your smartphone data except for email messages, click Quick (exclude email).
- To select which types of smartphone data or tablet data to back up, click Custom (selected data only). Select the checkbox next to the data you want to back up.
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to back up data that is stored there, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage checkbox.
- Do any of the following:
- To change the default name for the backup file, in the File name field, type a new name.
- To change the folder where the BlackBerry Desktop Software saves your backup files, click Change > Yes. Browse to a folder and click OK.
- To encrypt your data, select the Encrypt backup file checkbox. Type a password.
- To save your settings so that you aren't prompted to set these options again when you back up your smartphone or tablet, select the Don't ask for these settings again checkbox.
- Click Back up.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.