Delete the data from your smartphone
Research In Motion recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you update any software. Maintaining a current backup file on your computer might allow you to recover smartphone data if your smartphone is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry
Desktop Software, click Device > Delete data.
- To delete all your smartphone data, click All data.
- To delete specific data, click Selected data. Select the checkbox beside one or more types of data
- If necessary, do any of the following:
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage, select the Delete files saved on my device's built-in media storage checkbox.
- To create a backup file for your smartphone data, select the Back up data before deleting checkbox. To encrypt the backup file, select the Encrypt backup file checkbox. Type a password.
- Click Delete.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.