Search This Document
Set up your tablet with the BlackBerry Desktop Software
The first time that you connect your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to your computer and use the BlackBerry Desktop Software, the BlackBerry Desktop Software prompts you to set up your tablet. You can change these settings at any time by clicking Device > Device options.
- On your computer, open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Connect your tablet to your computer. If prompted, click Yes to make this tablet the active tablet.
- To start using this tablet, click Get started with this device.
- To switch from an existing tablet, click Copy data and settings from another device. Follow the instructions on the screen to move your data to your new tablet.
- Type a name for your tablet. This name is displayed on the home screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software and in the Device menu.
- To start certain tasks automatically each time that you connect your tablet, do any of the following:
- To back up your tablet data and settings, select the Back up my device checkbox. In the drop-down list, select how often you want to back up your tablet data and settings.
- To synchronize your songs, pictures, and videos, select the Media files checkbox.
- If you want to synchronize your music, in the Media settings section, select the music source for your music library.
- Click Finish.
After your tablet is added, keep it connected to your computer so that the BlackBerry Desktop Software can check for updated software that might be available.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.