Search This Document
Switch to a new smartphone
Before you switch from your current BlackBerry smartphone to a new BlackBerry smartphone, verify that you have the most recent version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer.
- Connect your current smartphone to your computer with a USB cable.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Switch devices.
- Click the icon for your current smartphone.
- To transfer your existing smartphone data to your new smartphone, select the Device data checkbox.
- To transfer any third-party applications that are compatible with your new smartphone, select the Third-party applications checkbox.
- Click Next. Your smartphone data is backed up.
- At the prompt, connect your new smartphone to your computer with a USB cable and click Next.
- Click the icon for your new smartphone. Your smartphone data is imported to your new smartphone.
- Move your SIM card and your media card (if you have one) to your new smartphone.
If you're switching from a smartphone that is associated with the BlackBerry Internet Service, on your new smartphone, in the setup wizard, open the email setup screen. Update your smartphone PIN.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.