Start tasks automatically when you connect your smartphone
You can set certain BlackBerry Desktop Software tasks to start when you connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Device options.
- On the General tab, in the When I connect my device section, do any of the
- To back up your smartphone data and settings, select the Back up my device checkbox. In the drop-down list, click how often you want to back up your smartphone data and settings.
- To synchronize your calendar entries, contacts, memos, and tasks, select the Organizer data checkbox.
- To synchronize your songs, pictures, and videos, select the Media files checkbox.
- To keep the date and time on your smartphone synchronized with the date and time on your computer, select the My computer's date and time with my device checkbox.
- If you have certificate synchronization turned on and you want to synchronize certificates, select the Certificates checkbox. To specify an interval to synchronize your certificates again during the same BlackBerry Desktop Software session, select the Re-synchronize periodically (hours) checkbox. In the drop-down list, click an interval.
- Click OK.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.