Update your BlackBerry Device Software
You might want to update your BlackBerry Device Software for one of the following reasons:
- To access new applications and features
- To resolve a technical issue
- Your wireless service provider requires that you update the BlackBerry Device Software
By default, your BlackBerry smartphone data and settings are backed up before the update begins. Before you update your BlackBerry Device Software, verify that you have the most recent version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer.
It might take up to an hour to update your software. During that time, you cannot disconnect your smartphone from your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- Click the Applications icon at the top of the screen.
- If a recommended update doesn't appear, click Check for Updates. If updates are available, select an update to install.
- Do any of the following:
- Click Start Update.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.