Back up smartphone data to your media card
To perform this task, you must have a media card inserted in your BlackBerry smartphone.
If your email account uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, depending on the options that your administrator sets, you might not be able to perform this task. For more information, contact your administrator.
If you perform this task, any existing backup data on your media card is deleted and replaced with your new backup data.
- On the home screen, click the Setup icon.
In the Setup section, click Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Save Data.
- To back up smartphone data including email, select the Save emails checkbox.
- To back up smartphone data excluding email, clear the Save emails checkbox.
- Click Continue.
- To set a password for your data, in the Password field, enter a password.
- In the Confirm field, re-enter the password.
- Click Save.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.