Search This Document
Back up smartphone data or tablet data
Before you begin:
- Connect your smartphone or BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Back up.
- Do one of the following:
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to back up data that is stored there, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
- Do any of the following:
- To change the default name for the backup file, in the File name field, type a new name.
- To encrypt your data, select the Encrypt backup file check box. Type a password.
- To save your settings so that you aren't prompted to set these options again when you back up your smartphone or tablet, select the Don't ask for these settings again check box.
- Click Back up.
Next topic: Restore smartphone data or tablet data
Previous topic: About backing up and restoring data