Restore smartphone data or tablet data
You can restore data that has been backed up in a .bbb file from your Mac computer or data that has been backed up in an .idp file from your Windows computer. When you restore data to your smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, all files are deleted from your smartphone or tablet before the backup file is restored.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- Click the Restore icon at the top of the screen.
- Do one of the following:
- Click a backup file. To restore all data in the backup file, click Restore all data. To restore specific data in the backup file, click Restore selected data. Select the checkbox beside one or more databases.
- To restore data from a backup file that is not listed, click Open Another Backup File. Navigate to the .bbb file or .idp file. Click Open.
- Click Restore.