About the key store
The key store on your BlackBerry smartphone might store the following items:
- Personal certificates or PGP keys (public and private key pairs)
- Certificates that you download using a certification authority profile or the BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Root certificates that are included in the BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Certificates that you download from an LDAP-enabled server or DSML-enabled server
- PGP public keys that you download from an LDAP-enabled server
- Certificates or PGP public keys that you import from your smartphone or a media card
- Certificates or PGP public keys that you add from a message
To access items in the key store, you must enter a key store password. If you exceed the number of allowed password attempts, all your smartphone data is deleted.
Research In Motion recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you update any software. Maintaining a current backup file on your computer might allow you to recover smartphone data if your smartphone is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.