I can't make or receive calls
Try the following actions:
- Verify that your BlackBerry smartphone is connected to the wireless network.
- Verify that your wireless service plan includes phone or voice services.
- If you can't make calls and fixed dialing is turned on, verify that the phone number for your contact appears in your fixed dialing list or turn off fixed dialing.
- If you have traveled to another country and you haven't changed your smart dialing options, dial the full phone number, including the country code and area code, for your contact.
- If you're not receiving calls, verify that call blocking and call forwarding are turned off.
- Your smartphone or your SIM card might support more than one phone number, even if you only have one phone number. Verify that your phone number is set as your active phone number.
- If you have more than one phone number associated with your smartphone, verify that the phone number that you want to make calls from and receive calls to is set as your active phone number.
- If you're using your BlackBerry MVS Client phone number, verify that support for the BlackBerry MVS Client is turned on.
- If you're using your BlackBerry MVS Client phone number, verify that your smartphone is registered with the BlackBerry Mobile Voice System. From the home screen, press the key. Press the key. Click Options. Click BlackBerry MVS Client. Press the key. Click Register Now. If the Register Now menu item doesn't appear, or if the registration fails, contact your administrator. If the registration doesn't complete, wait for a short period of time and then try again.
- If you have set call forwarding for the phone number provided by your wireless service provider, calls to your BlackBerry MVS Client phone number are also forwarded. To receive calls to your BlackBerry MVS Client phone number, verify that call forwarding is turned off.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.