Turn on or turn off data service or set roaming options
Depending on your wireless service plan, you might be able to turn off data service (email messages, PIN messages, text messages with attachments, and browser service) on your BlackBerry smartphone so that only phone and basic text messaging are available. You can also set your smartphone to turn off data services when roaming, which might prevent you from receiving additional roaming charges. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
- On the home screen, click the connections area at the top of the screen, or click the Manage Connections icon.
- Click Networks and Connections > Mobile Network.
- Do one of the following:
- To turn on or turn off data service, change the Data Services field.
- To turn on or turn off data service when roaming, change the While Roaming field.
- To receive a prompt when roaming that allows you to turn on or turn off data service, change the While Roaming field to Prompt.
- Press the key > Close.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.