Delete smartphone data, third-party applications or media card files
Before you delete your BlackBerry smartphone data or media card files, consider backing up these items so that you have a copy on your computer.
If you have turned on encryption, the process for deleting all smartphone data can take up to an hour to complete. You can't stop the process after you start it. If you reset your smartphone, the process restarts after the smartphone restarts.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Security > Security Wipe.
- To delete data from the messages application, contacts application and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc check box.
- To delete all third-party applications that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
- To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.
- Type blackberry.
- Click Wipe Data.
Next topic: Password Keeper
Previous topic: Set a limit for smartphone password attempts