Search This Document
Add or delete a contact alert
You can create contact alerts that allow you to customise ringtones and alerts for calls and messages from specific contacts or groups of contacts. When you receive a call or message from the contact, your BlackBerry smartphone uses the assigned ringtone or alert, even if you select the Silent profile or Vibrate Only profile. If you do not want to be notified with the assigned ringtone or alert, you can select the All Alerts Off profile.
- On the Home screen, click your Sound and Alert Profiles icon.
- Click Change Sounds and Alerts > Sounds for Contacts > Add Contact Alert.
- In the Name field, type the name of the contact alert.
- In the Contacts field, type the name of the contact.
- Click a contact.
- Change the ringtone and alert information for calls and messages.
- Press the key > Save.
Next topic: Silence your smartphone
Previous topic: Add or delete a custom sound profile