Try the following actions:
- Verify that your BlackBerry smartphone is connected to a wireless network.
- Verify that you're not roaming outside of your wireless service provider's wireless coverage area. Depending on your wireless service provider, you might not be able to update your BlackBerry Device Software when roaming. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
- Try to update your BlackBerry Device Software over the wireless network at a later time. Depending on your wireless service provider, you might not be able to update your BlackBerry Device Software at certain times of the day, when there is a greater volume of network traffic.
- Try visiting your wireless service provider's website, as you might be able to update your BlackBerry Device Software from the website.
- If your work email account is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, check with your administrator for BlackBerry Device Software updates. Your administrator might not allow you to update your software over the wireless network, or might allow you to update only to a specific version.
Next topic: My smartphone doesn't have enough available storage space to update the BlackBerry Device Software
Previous topic: Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Device Software