Wi-Fi music sync isn't working as expected
If you're unable to use Wi-Fi® music sync to download your music or if you can't view your music from Wi-Fi music sync, try the following actions:
- Verify that Wi-Fi music sync is installed correctly. On the Home screen of your BlackBerry smartphone, click the Media icon > Music icon. At the bottom of the screen, click Wi-Fi music sync. The status should display as connected.
- If a long period of time has passed since you installed the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer, your security certificates might be expired. Try reinstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Software. To install the latest version, visit www.blackberry.com/desktop.
- If you're logged in to a VPN, you must log out of the VPN to use Wi-Fi music sync.
If you're trying to use a Wi-Fi connection, try the following actions:
- Verify that your Wi-Fi connection on your smartphone is turned on. On the Home screen of your smartphone, click the connections area at the top of the screen, or click the Manage Connections icon. If the Wi-Fi check box is cleared, select it.
- If the Wi-Fi connection on your smartphone is turned on and there are still issues, verify that your smartphone is connected to the same network that your computer is connected to. Check the connection software on your computer to see which network you're connected to. If you're not using a wireless connection on your computer, verify that an Ethernet cable is connected to the same router that provides your smartphone with a Wi-Fi connection.
- If you can't download your songs using a Wi-Fi connection, connect your smartphone to your computer with a USB cable to download your songs. In some cases, if changes are made to your computer settings or smartphone options, you might need to connect your smartphone to your computer with a USB cable before you can use a Wi-Fi connection again.
If you think that a network connection might not be established, try the following actions:
- On your smartphone, in the browser, type the following URL: http://type your computer IP address here:4481/mediasync/music. If you're prompted, accept the certificate warning. If the webpage displays the text "Wireless music sync", then your smartphone is connected to the same network as your computer. If you receive a display error, your smartphone isn't connected properly to the same network as your computer or there might be a firewall issue or routing issue.
- If your computer, router, or wireless network has a firewall, verify that ports 4481 and 4482 are open for TCP and UDP, and that the BlackBerry Desktop Software is allowed by the firewall. For more information and instructions, see the documentation for your firewall software.
- If your router has UDP broadcast, verify that UDP broadcast is turned on. Most routers support this feature and don't mention it, but your router might need special configuration. For instructions, see the documentation that came with your router.
- Verify that your gateway IP address is the same on both your smartphone and your computer, and that both your smartphone and computer IP addresses are on the same subnet.