Set up your smartphone with the BlackBerry Desktop Software
The first time that you connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your Mac computer and use the BlackBerry Desktop Software, you are prompted to complete the following information. You can change these settings at any time by clicking Device Options on the main screen.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- In the Device Name field, type a name for your smartphone.
- Beside the Synchronize this device field, do one of the following:
If you plan to synchronize your music from your computer to your
smartphone, do any of the following:
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to save your songs to this storage type instead of a media card, in the Music Location drop-down list, click Device Memory.
- In the Keep this amount of memory free section, specify the amount of storage space that you want to keep free for files other than music files.
- Click OK.
Previous topic: About the BlackBerry Desktop Software