Schedule automatic backups
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- Click Device Options.
- On the Backup tab, select the Automatically back up when device is connected checkbox.
- In the drop-down list, click an interval.
one of the following:
- To back up all BlackBerry smartphone data or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet data during an automatic backup, click All device application data.
- To back up specific smartphone data during an automatic backup, click All device application data except. To exclude messages, select the Messages checkbox. To exclude your organizer data, select the Any information, such as your calendar or your contacts, configured to sync checkbox.
- To encrypt the backup file, select the Encrypt automatic backup file checkbox.
- Click OK.
Previous topic: Restore smartphone data or tablet data