Restore smartphone data or tablet data
You can restore data that has been backed up in a .bbb file from your Mac computer or data that has been backed up in an .idp file from your Windows® computer. When you restore data to your smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, all files are deleted from your smartphone or tablet before the backup file is restored.
Before you begin: If your BlackBerry smartphone includes built-in media storage, to restore the data from this storage type, mass storage mode must be turned on.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- Click the Restore icon at the top of the screen.
- Do one of the following:
- Click a .bbb file or .idp file. To restore all data in the backup file, click Restore all data. To restore specific data in the backup file, click Restore selected data. Select the check box beside one or more databases.
- To restore data from a backup file that is not listed, click Open Another Backup File. Navigate to the .bbb file or .idp file. Click Open.
- Click Restore.
Next topic: Schedule automatic backups
Previous topic: Back up smartphone data or tablet data