Set up your smartphone with the BlackBerry Desktop Software
The first time that you connect your BlackBerry® smartphone to your Mac computer and use the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, you are prompted to complete the following information. You can change these settings at any time by clicking Device Options on the main screen.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- In the Device Name field, type a name for your smartphone.
- Beside the Synchronize this device field, do one of the following:
If you plan to synchronize your music from your computer to your
smartphone, do any of the following:
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to save your songs to this storage type instead of a media card, in the Music Location drop-down list, click Device Memory.
- In the Keep this amount of memory free field, specify the amount of storage space that you want to keep free for files other than music files.
- Click OK.
Previous topic: About the BlackBerry Desktop Software