Back up smartphone data
Research In Motion recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you update any software. Maintaining a current backup file on your computer might allow you to recover device data if your device is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.
- Connect your BlackBerry® smartphone to your computer.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- Click the Back Up icon at the top of the screen.
- Do one of the following:
If necessary, do
- To encrypt your smartphone data, select the Encrypt backup file check box.
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to back up the files that are saved to this location, select the Back up built-in media storage check box. To perform this task, on your smartphone, mass storage mode must be turned on.
- Click Back Up.