Search This Document
I cannot connect to a WLAN
Depending on your BlackBerry® device model, the WLAN feature might not be supported.
Try the following actions:
- Verify that you have turned on the connection to the WLAN.
- Verify that you are in a WLAN coverage area.
- Verify that the time on your device is synchronized with the network time.
- If the WLAN does not appear in the Set Up WLAN application, it might be hidden. If you know the WLAN name, try connecting to the WLAN manually.
- In the Set Up WLAN application, verify that the options for the WLAN are correct.
- If you switched WLANs manually, switch to another WLAN or set your BlackBerry device to scan for available WLANs.
- If your email account uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, your device might prevent you from connecting to certain wireless access points. For more information, contact your administrator.
- If you use PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, EAP-TTLS, or EAP-SIM to connect to a WLAN, verify that you have installed the root certificate for the certificate authority server that created the certificate for the authentication server.
- If you use EAP-TLS to connect to a WLAN, verify that you have added your authentication certificate to your device.
Next topic: Bluetooth technology
Previous topic: WLAN technology troubleshooting