About the key store
The key store on your BlackBerry® smartphone might store the following items:
- Personal certificates (certificate and private key pairs)
- Certificates that you download using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software
- Certificates that you download from an LDAP-enabled server or DSML-enabled server
- Certificates that you download from a certification authority profile
- Certificates that you import from your smartphone or a media card
- Certificates that you add from a message
- Root certificates that are included in the BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Personal PGP® keys (public and private key pairs)
- PGP public keys that you download from an LDAP-enabled server
- PGP public keys that you import from your smartphone or a media card
- PGP public keys that you add from a message
To access items in the key store, you must enter a key store password. If you exceed the number of allowed password attempts, all your smartphone data is deleted.
Research In Motion recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you update any software. Maintaining a current backup file on your computer might allow you to recover smartphone data if your smartphone is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.