Move data to a new smartphone using a media card
To perform this task, your previous BlackBerry® smartphone and your new smartphone must be running BlackBerry® 7 or later, and you must have a media card inserted.
If your email account uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, depending on the options that your administrator sets, you might not be able to perform this task. For more information, contact your administrator.
- On your previous smartphone, on the home screen, click the Setup icon.
- Click Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Save Data.
- To exclude email from the smartphone backup, clear the Save emails option.
- Click Continue.
- To set a password for your data, in the Password field, enter a password. In the Confirm field, re-enter the password.
- Click Save.
- Remove your media card from your previous smartphone and insert it into your new smartphone.
- On your new smartphone, on the home screen, click the Setup icon.
- Click Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Transfer Data > Continue.
- In the Password field, enter the password that you set for your data.
- Click Enter.