Search This Document
Move data to a new smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac
Before you begin: Install the most recent version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/desktop.
- Connect your current BlackBerry® smartphone to your computer with a USB cable.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- On the Device menu, click Switch device.
- If you have a second USB cable, connect your new smarthone to your computer. Otherwise, you can connect your new smartphone in step 7.
- Do any of the following:
- To install updated BlackBerry® Desktop Software on your new smartphone, if available, select the Update software for my new device, if available checkbox.
- To tranfer any third-party applications that are compatible with your new smartphone, select the Copy compatible third-party applications checkbox.
- Click Start.
- If you didn't connect your new smartphone to your computer in step 4, disconnect your previous smartphone and connect your new smartphone. Click OK.
Next topic: Move your SIM card to a new smartphone