Delete the data from your previous smartphone
If you have turned on encryption, the process for deleting all of your BlackBerry® smartphone data can take up to an hour to complete. You cannot stop the process after you start it. If you reset your smartphone, the process begins again after the smartphone restarts.
- Using your previous smartphone, on the home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Security > Security Wipe.
- Do any of the following:
- To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc checkbox.
- To delete all third-party applications that you have added, select the User Installed Applications checkbox.
- To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card checkbox.
- Type blackberry.
- Click Wipe Data.
Next topic: Legal notice
Previous topic: Move your SIM card to a new smartphone