Add a contact that uses text messaging
If you add a person who uses text messaging as a contact to BlackBerry® Messenger, you receive text messages from the person and you can send text messages to the person in BBM™. This feature allows you to send and receive text messages and instant messages from one application.
Depending on your wireless service plan or organization, this feature might not be supported. Extra fees might apply for sending or receiving text messages.
- On the contact list screen, press the key > Invite to BBM > Add a contact to text within BBM.
- Type part or all of the contact information.
- Click the contact information.
- If necessary, change the Category field.
- If necessary, type the name that you want to appear in your BBM contact list.
- Click Add Contact.