Switch to a new smartphone
Before you begin: Before you switch from your current BlackBerry® smartphone to a new BlackBerry smartphone, verify that you have the most recent version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software on your computer.
- Connect your current smartphone to your computer with a USB cable.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Switch device.
- Click the icon for your current smartphone.
- Click Next. Your smartphone data is backed up.
- At the prompt, connect your new smartphone to your computer with a USB cable and click Next.
- Click the icon for your new smartphone. Your smartphone data is imported to your new smartphone.
- Move your SIM card and your media card (if you have one) to your new smartphone.
Next topic: Switch to a new tablet
Previous topic: About switching to a new smartphone or new tablet